National Safety (SQE) Manager
Over three decades, Hindmarsh Construction has completed many landmark buildings across Australia, with total project value exceeding $4.0 billion. We stand by our values of integrity, safety, quality, innovation and teamwork.
With a portfolio of many high profile and challenging projects, our work spans many different sectors including commercial and residential high-rise, industrial, sporting, health, government, retail, education and tourism.
We are currently seeking a National Safety / SQE Manager to join our growing national construction business and be based fro our our Sydney head office.
This role operates at a national level and is responsible for all WHS, Quality and Environmental Management requirements across the organisation to mitigate risks and achieve outcomes through monitoring, improving and reporting. The National SQE Manager is the principal safety, quality and environment advisor to the National Construction Manager, CEO and the Board.
Key activities include:
- Develop, manage and deliver quality improvements and safety best practice
- Ensure compliance with the Hindmarsh SQE Management System through Compass
- Driving and supporting a culture of quality, environmental stewardship and safety
- Minimum 5-10 years’ field experience in construction safety or related field such as engineering, manufacturing etc.
- Solid experience conducting accident investigations and writing reports
- Strong knowledge and understanding of WHS legislation, regulations, standards and codes of practice
- Strong experience conducting and facilitating site inspections
- A successful track record of change management towards a quality, environmental and safety management culture
- Experience with the AS/NZS 4801 safety management systems, the building code, audit criteria and methodology
- Demonstrated experience in quality improvement processes in the construction and or property sector
- Sound PC skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Current First Aid qualification (minimum level 2)
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health & Safety
- Cert IV in Training and Assessing
- Sound knowledge and understanding of worker’s compensation legislation, regulations, standards and codes of practice
- Previous experience conducting and facilitating project safety audits
- Strong written and verbal communication capability
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- ability to influence, communicate and lead effectively
- Commercially astute
- Attention to detail
- effective time management
- Customer focus and responsiveness
- Self-motivated and resilient
If you can see yourself in this role and you would like to work for a well established company with high-growth potential and great market awareness and contribute to the ongoing success of Hindmarsh then please apply now.